Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vincent van Gogh (March 30, 1853 – July 29, 1890)

                                            
Vincent van Gogh is one of the most revered painters in the Western canon. Yet only a handful of his pieces constantly show up up in searches and textbooks, which is why, in this post, I've endeavored to expose you to some of his rarer creations.  Actually there are so many passionate paintings out there that I've been forced to painfully pick and choose only a few, while biting into my lip; on a future date, I'll have to make a second post of his wonderful works, but, for now, I hope this suffices.

A Pair of Shoes
1886  

The Beach at Scheveningen in Calm Weather
1882 

Public Garden with Couple and Blue Fir Tree
1888 

 Girl in the Woods
1882 

The Sower
1888

No comments:

Post a Comment